Our home-school agreement is designed to set out how the staff at Saltaire Primary School will work together with children and parents to ensure that it is a safe, happy place of learning. Please read through the information below and confirm your agreement by signing together with your child. Please return to school once completed.
We all agree to live by our school values of
Respect, Responsibility, Reflection, Concentrate, Cooperate, Create and Challenge
Our school will:
- Provide your child with a high standard of education within a broad and balanced curriculum.
- Ensure that our learning environment is stimulating and challenging.
- Celebrate your child’s academic and personal achievements.
- Provide the support required to ensure your child achieves their full potential.
- Care for your child’s safety and well-being.
- Teach your child to develop a positive attitude to one another, regardless of gender, race, culture, belief, values, age and need.
- Encourage your child to become an active member within our community and help them to see that they can have an impact on the world around them.
- Regularly meet with you to communicate the progress of your child, celebrating their strengths and explaining how we can support them in their areas for development.
- Provide information to you about our school, including relevant policies, meetings, workshops, activities, newsletters and open days.
- Be very happy to welcome you if you would like to contribute to our school’s broader curriculum. We recognise that our community holds a wealth of talent, experience, diversity and enthusiasm that our school could benefit richly from.
- Set homework which interests and engages children, extending their learning of the curriculum. Clear information will be provided so that you will be able to help your child if required.
- Provide information and helpful training sessions that will give you confidence to support your child.
Parents and Carers
As a parent/carer, I will:
- In order to help my child gain the most of their education, make sure my child arrives at school by 9:00am prepared to start their lessons. They will be wearing named school uniform or school PE kit in on given days.
- Do my very best to provide a safe, secure and happy environment at home for my child, acknowledging that they learn at home.
- Let the school know of any concerns or worries that may be affecting my child’s learning, behaviour or ability to do homework, as this can then be resolved quickly.
- Support the school by encouraging my child to develop a positive attitude towards our diverse, multi-cultural community.
- Attend meetings with my child’s teacher and other staff, aiming to be positive and productive, working towards moving my child on in their learning.
- Support and work with you to ensure that the behaviour management policies of the school are maintained, particularly with my child.
- Encourage a positive attitude towards my child’s education and our school. If I have any concerns, I will come and discuss them with you in person or by telephone.
- Read all information provided by school, whether in paper form or electronically, as this gives me important details of relevant policies, meetings, workshops, activities, newsletters and open days.
- Support the school by making sure that homework tasks are completed and returned on time or online as required.
- Keep any photographs taken at school events private. I will not share photos taken more widely or on social media. Wherever possible, I will avoid taking pictures which include images of children who are not my own.
- Work hard to be a Champion Learner at all times.
- Respect other children’s culture, race, feelings, beliefs and values.
- Accept responsibility for the things that I do.
- Be responsible for my school and home work.
- Reflect and think carefully if things go wrong.
- Ask for help if I need it and try my best in all that I do.
- Be kind and speak politely to everyone in school.
- Take good care of the building, equipment and school grounds.
- Behave in a safe way at all times.
- Be helpful.
- Tell a member of staff if I am worried or unhappy.